Friday 12 July 2013

It's a marathon not a sprint

Wow, where is this year going?  And how hard are we working to get through it?  Not just at the 9-5 (oh and I wish, 9-5 would be bliss, even with the 15 hours commuting) but at just staying ahead of everything that needs to be done in life. This week has ended in the ludicrous position that I've got a quote for a cleaner, finally, and I've not had time to make the final arrangements. So when I get home tonight (on my way back from work now at half 8) I'm going to have to clean the bathroom because I've been noticing the dust for days but there is no prospect of someone else doing it for ages.

So must get my priorities in order although I am doing that equally badly at work now. As evidenced by my leaving so late tonight and several other nights.

The sun is shining which makes life easier. Although weather has also been somewhat muggy which means I've woken many mornings with a headache and I've had many "glasses days" in recent weeks.

It's not all gloom. A mate from Australia was over visiting family and friends for a few days. He was in this hemisphere for longer but just had a few days around here. So we were able to have a couple of hours catch up which was nice. I've finally reclaimed my diary a little to do things I've been meaning to for ages - seen a friend for dinner and oodles of red wine, go to the cinema and even spend some evenings on the sofa just doing nothing.

I'm hoping for a quiet summer. Well it would be nice. My nice man is away for a week so I will have some me time and space. Hopefully post cleaner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment