Tuesday 31 May 2016

So many thoughts

So many thoughts, so little time to put them down, but I'm starting to think that I need to do that again to clear out my brain periodically ...... spring cleaning the mind seems to be important.  I cleaned out the bathroom and bedroom at the weekend, found all the places that dust goes to hide (I'm so middle class that I have a cleaner, of which I'm sure my mother disapproves, but it's a saviour for my sanity and relationship - but as wonderful as she is, she doesn't pull out all the furniture to clean behind it, who would, so I still have to do these things).  Cleaning was cathartic so I thought I should probably sweep into some of the places I don't like to go in my mind too .....

But before it all gets too deep and dark, I'm going to rant about the EU referendum campaign.  I'm a pretty politically-engaged person, my job is front-line politics and I enjoy it (mostly - another rant).  But it makes me so cross to hear the ill-informed "debate" going on (I use debate loosely, most of it's just ill-informed nonsense).  I understand that not everyone shares my views, and that's ok.  But with over three weeks left to go, I'm sick of it all and really, really worried that the vote might go the wrong way.  Do I want to live in a country that doesn't think as I do?  But what are the options if it goes wrong?  Where to go - that'll take us (it's not just me any more, must think of my very lovely man) and were I to go, what would I do??

I've turned off the radio and a referendum campaign broadcast to write this.  It costs around £50m to run a referendum.  A happy thought to end on - happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment