Saturday 5 November 2011

Counting the days .....

I'm counting the days until my holiday.  Two weeks today I'll be on a flight to Bangkok, which will take a full day by the time I've changed and have lost the time difference.  I've booked myself on to a trip from Bangkok to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) overland, just two weeks but the weather should be good (yes, I've seen the notice of flooding) and I'll be somewhere interesting that I've never been before.

However, I think that I'm counting the days because I'm not really enjoying work at the moment.  We've been going through the same public sector grief as everyone else and that's not pleasant, but my real frustrations at the moment come with my boss and colleagues not engaging and not making time for the really important job of putting people into posts and then managing them - we don't have great staff but we have to performance manage our staff in the right way. 

I'm need to work out how to deal with work or what to do next instead.  But right now, I'm enjoying the run up to my holiday - looking at what I can see from my raft of guidebooks and planning what to take and what to do.  This will more than usefully occupy me for now and maybe when I'm relaxed, I can think about work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment