Sunday 23 October 2011

Lazy Sunday (not different to Monday, Tuesday ....)

Just getting up on Sunday morning.  Not quite worked out why the times are so screwed up on here but that makes it about 11am.  I've been awake for a little while already but as I seemed to watch the clock tick from hour to hour last night, I only had about 4 hours sleep in total, which is most definitely not enough.  Can't work out how or why that happened but there you are.  I don't feel lousy on it, which is good news, unlike the last few days when I've been unable to shift a headache, no particular reason for having it, which was pretty irritating.  The challenge will be to stay awake until bedtime tonight and not just go back to sleep for a nap.  It feels nice but I always regret it come 3am when I'm still awake.

So I have few plans for today.  Hoovering and dusting needs to feature, after I looked laying in bed this morning and spotted a rather large cobweb.  Well I've known it was overdue so I can't complain about it but it's not my favourite weekend activity.  Going to see a friend who has a fairly small child.  Not sure how small "small" is - thinking about 3 months old?  She's pretty practical so isn't going to be asking if I'd like to hold the baby just cos.  I don't mind being practical but don't have the urge to be near babies just because they are there.

I'm mulling over what to do about a friend being a bit pants.  There are two sides to this - one is not returning calls, emails and resulting in you chasing, which I get annoyed about but most people go through those phases, myself included, so normally you just have to weather the storm.  The one that annoys me more is that he's being somewhat careless with stuff - he has the keys to my garage because I store his drum kit and some other stuff that a few of his share (we play in a band together - well used to play in a band together, a different irritant) and I'm feeling both a little put out that he's being careless and doing things like leaving stuff outside (I came home to the spares box - that isn't owned by either of us but by another mate, also with garage-storing privileges - sitting on my bins), losing stuff (my chair disappeared after he borrowed it, it reappeared after a while but I had to play two gigs without it, which was uncomfortable) and the one that REALLY gets me is coming around and accessing the garage when I'm home, without even ringing the doorbell to say hello.  One day it will be a thief and I'm going to ignore the noise of the garage opening just as I assume it's him again.

He's absolutely terrible at confrontation - he avoids it in a way that often makes the situation worse, you've never seen anyone like it.  So the couple of pointed comments I've made to date have done nothing.  I don't see very much of him any more, so if I do say anything, I'm going to have to go around to see him, which isn't a great motivation to do it - I'm not keen on going to visit just to argue with someone.

I'm just leaving it still at the moment, just to see if it's me being extra picky or if it continues.  I'm going to have to say something I know.  Just what and when I'm not sure.  Why can't life be easy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment