Sunday 16 October 2011

Sunday evening, doing something other than what I'd planned to do

I'm sitting at home watching sad teen films.  Well, a sad teen film with the plan of watching Spooks at 9pm.  The plan had been to have a band rehearsal but between my very nice man being dragged away for work (Nice is nice when you can choose to go there but not when you've got to get there because there are no sensible flights tomorrow morning) and one of the other lasses has been called on to parent duty - child who's stressed about some work for next week and of course she had to step up. 

I've been less than productive today.  My man left around 11 this morning and I watched tv for a big, fell asleep on the sofa (what am I like) and haven't done much other than go to Tesco for some food shopping - oh and then tried to multi-task whilst making dinner which resulted in well done lamb steak, overcooked vegetables and the smoke detector going off. 

The weekend was otherwise good fun.  I met up with a friend on Friday - she's got 2 kids but is very practical with it and so we had a good chat.  She has a cute 3 year old and a very well-behaved little one - really, 4 hours and not a wimper.  Friday evening I was really tired so we didn't go out.  And on Saturday we went for a 9 mile walk around a local reservoir - the weather was so beautiful, really warm and not a cloud in the sky.  And in the evening we went to a 40th celebration - a gathering with good friends rather than a big party which was lovely.  We spent a nice time chatting and laughing - I don't laugh enough I sometimes realise. 

So back to work tomorrow, boo hiss.  Last week wasn't too bad but it's still not fun.  I'm hoping next week will continue to go well.  Fingers crossed.  Hope everyon else had a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment