Friday 16 March 2012

Counting the days to the new job .....

It's been another long week, with very little to show.  On the job front I've been fighting with security clearance and the people who implement the policies for what seems like weeks now.  You'd think that moving from one Government department to another would be simple but apparently not.  I'm also fighting to sort out a new member of staff - new to my team but not the department, and you'd think an internal move would be easy.  But no!  There are some bonkers policies but these are also being carried out by some real jobsworths, who are not using any kind of common sense when what they are asked to do is pointless in a particular circumstance.  Don't you hate it when that happens - it's like the people who read you their script on the phone and don't notice that it doesn't apply to you at all.  Also frustrating.

Anyway, the stress levels have dropped this week on the divorce front - but that's mainly because she's not done anything and not engaged at all.  But for this week, we both need the lower stress levels so we're not discussing it.  And not discussing not discussing it!

Today I'm feeling virtuous because I've cleaned with some vigour.  I've been threatening to get a cleaner for years and years but never done it because I've not wanted to let anyone loose here until it was to my satisfaction and - probably because I'm my mother's daughter - it never has been.  Now, I'll be the first to admit I'm not the tidiest, I have good intentions but I'm a terrible hoarder and I have STUFF.  I also have a WWII thrifty sense of not being able to throw things out when they can be useful to someone.  If I could give them away to that person, I'd happily do that, but I don't like the idea of waste.  I know this is admirable in today's climate, but I take it to some extreme.  This is going to be a rubbing point should my very nice man and I try to move in together.  I'm trying to be good and have something of a sort out, starting slowly, but it's slow progress. 

I'm not doing this for him - well, of course there's some involvement on that front but it's something that I want to do anyway.  I want to be better but there are some habits which are hard to shake!  There's no plan to move in at the moment - nothing like that until after the divorce.  Therefore there's no rush and I can do it properly -right?!

Back to the grindstone - must been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment