Friday 30 March 2012

Declutter needed - help!

I continue to enjoy my week off.  I've been exceptionally lucky to have chosen this week, or at least have this week chosen for me because it's between jobs time, and the weather has been glorious.  If I had any chose, I'd have booked this weather for next week as we're going to the Lake District for a photography holiday and I could do without rain.  Extrordinarily, I've never made it to the Lakes before - when I was a child, we headed towards Devon and Cornwall as it was nearer to S Wales and when I lived in Manchester, I was terribly remiss and didn't go out into the Peaks often enough at all and didn't get to the Lakes either.  However, we're going to go out for nice walks and learn how to use cameras better too. 

Before then, I've got more work to do on the decluttering my house.  Now before I go much further, I have to stress that it couldn't feature on any kind of dubious Channel 5 show but I'm just poor at throwing things out if they are in anyway useful.  I blame my parents and the post WWII values of being thrifty.  I also know I'm too sentimental and just need to get rid of stuff.  And very risk averse, so don't want to get rid of things that I might need in the future.  At some point in the future.  Some time. 

But it's really hard.  Both to motivate myself to keep going, there seems very little reward at the moment.  And also to do the hard things.  It's easy just to put it back again and move on.  The reward would be to move in with my very nice man - which is not contingent on my decluttering, he's still not divorced, she's still being difficult etc etc, but I know he doesn't like my place because it's somewhat cluttered.

And here I am procrastinating.  I will continue working on this.  Deep breath and off we go .......

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear - not great timing on the weather front! I hope you managed to get lots of lovely (well, I like it!) decluttering done and are now enjoying a gorgeous time in the Lakes, weather be-damned!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete