Thursday 8 March 2012

Dropping in briefly to say hello

Remember me avoiding the blogging when I didn't want to be ranting about my very nice man's ex …… well I've now calmed down, but it's taken weeks.  What I don't understand is how and why someone can be so selfish.  And actually expect that she deserves lots of stuff. 

But the thing that I can't calm down about is when you see the number of lies she's been willing to tell the kids.  I can be a little more rational and realise that there are two sides to every story but no sane person would be able to describe what she's said as anything other than deliberately misleading and it stretches to down right vindictive.  The house needs to be divided in the divorce and it's not yet clear how that is going to happen.  But already she's been telling the kids that their father is trying to throw them out of the house and he wants to see them homeless.  When at worse case scenario (from her perspective), he's offering her all the equity which is enough to buy a house of the same size which is still within the school catchment area and where many of their friends live, even if it's not in the same village.  I know this is hard for her too – but how is it fair to cause them uncertainty when it might not come to fruition and also set them against their father.  And this isn't the worst of it.  She's said things that I can't write down even on a blog where I think I'm fairly anonymous. 

It makes me so cross but worse it makes my very nice man feel very stressed and upset.  He's been ill, including high blood pressure, and a visit to the Doctor put it down to stress levels.  It's just terrible.

And now breathe.  Nicer things have also happened in the last week.  I've got a new job, a loan to another Government Department for a couple of years but a really interesting role and one I'm thrilled to have got.  I only applied on a whim because I didn't think I'd get it even though I'd have really liked it but I wanted to put a shot across the bows here where they were once again messing around and not treating me particularly well.  I'm sure the powers that be also didn't think I'd get the job because they signed off pretty begrudgingly – as my post was under review, they couldn't NOT allow me to apply for another job in case I didn't have one – and then spent a week pontificating about whether I could go or not.  But I can and when I do, I'll not be throwing a backward glance.

Other nice things – I'm so looking forward to a quiet weekend.  I bought myself a new computer last Saturday as the old one has been dying for a while, just doing it one step at a time.  I did get time to set it up last night and enjoyed the fact that I could edit just a couple of photos on it in a very small fraction of the time it used to take.  So I'm going to do lots of editing – yay – so I can finally put some of my photos from last year into albums. 

2 comments:

  1. First up, WELL DONE about the job!! That is great news, especially in these straightened times. Go you!

    Secondly - re the ex - AAAArgh! I hate, bitchy, lying, short-sighted wmoen (and men to be fair. But what I really hate is the fact that they often DON't get their comeuppance which seems to attach itself to the innocents involved, in this case the children, you and your ex.

    I hope it settles down soon.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete