Friday 30 September 2011

Thanking Crunchie that it's Friday

It's been a long week.  For no real reason I guess.  Monday the trains were PANTS - I got to the station and there was nothing running anywhere, and no information from anyone of course.  I went away for an hour and had a drink and some dinner - even if they'd have announced a train, I wouldn't have got anywhere near it.  And on return, I hung about for the 2023, which was cancelled at 2050, then sat on the 2123 (2107 disappeared without discussion), heard an announcement by the driver that it wasn't going anywhere until at least 2200 and then the station announcement said we should give up and go on a different line and have rail replacement buses.  Left work at 1845, got home at 2325. 

Tuesday, I went to some leaving drinks - for that infamous 1 drink - and didn't get home until midnight.  Fortunately not too much alcohol consumed but have now reached the age when tiredness can make me feel just as crap as the hangover. 

Wednesday, I was good and at home and in bed by 9pm after a (soft) drink with a friend and dinner.  And Thursday, I was home by 2pm after my headache had got to unbearable and not quite to time to start vomitting but that wasn't something the rest of the office needed to see.  Not really sure why that happened.  So I'm having my usual Friday off, moving slowly, relaxing and trying to find a balance between getting things done and not making myself ill again. 

I'm sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by photos from a trip to Russia in 2009.  I've been trying to sort out the "stuff" that I have at home.  I'm a hoarder - not anywhere as bad as any of those you see on the hideous Channel 5 shows, but I do keep lots of sentimental stuff - and I'm trying to sort out what I want to keep and what can go.  And within what can be kept, how should it be kept.  There's no point in drawers of ticket stubbs or programmes from the theatre.  I'm putting things together - and getting rid of the things that I have more than one of and getting rid of the blurry photos that are never going to end up in albums.  And right now, sticking photos into albums along with postcards, ticket stubbs, business cards and other bits and pieces that I brought back from far flung places.

Progress has been relatively slow - I had 8 months off a few years ago (2006-7) and those photos only got into albums last year.  Last month I finished Syria 2008 and now it's 2009.  There are still things from last Millennium and also from before early 2000s but I'm making progress and I'm proud of me for that.  I'm not doing it for anyone else - friends are welcome to look at albums but no one ever really wants to look at all your holiday stuff in the way that you do.  I enjoy looking through, smiling and laughing about what happened when and where, and I do use them for that. 

Incredibly selfish - and incredibly important for me.  So I'm getting back to it!

1 comment:

  1. Photos are very important to me too. I used to keep great albums but now have them on the computer so my blog and facebook are my "albums". Not as nice really but a lot quicker to process! Sounds like a good day.

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete